Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ok we will just say I suck at blogging and move on :)

I won't make excuses or say I will do better...cause well that's probably not true lol!

We have had alot of company the past few months.My sister came up for a week and that was fun.We discuss that it will probably be the last year we do spring break together because the kids are getting older and it's just hard.They all have their things they are into and the two older kids will have jobs soon.We will still visit each other when we can though.

My good friend,Katia(a fellow DD'er) came to visit us...it was a blast and thanks to the Oklahoma weather we actually got a couple extra days together.Of course we were angels the entire time!!!! Ok maybe not the entire time;) We tried real hard so that's gotta count for something right?

My cousin and friend came down about a week ago.We weren't really expecting them to come till last minute so we didn't have much planned but it was still fun.

We are trying to plan a trip to Branson soon.I'm not sure how easy that will be considering they tok Shannon's days off away and his hours have really been slim.I'm enjoying him being home on a more regular basis though.

The kids school years in coming to a close soon...where did the year go? J is finishing up track,which he totally loves! I never really pictured him as a track kid,but I'm so glad he is enjoying it.K is trying to decide between softball and cheerleading.I would like to see her do softball I think she would be great at it but I think her hearts in cheer.I'll support her either way.I'm trying to get T to play softball as well it's not looking so good but I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

I was hoping next time I posted I would have quit smoking but no such luck.UGH! We are not making it a DD issue at the moment thank goodness!! We will start again June 1st.I needed a break. It just became this nasty issue between Shannon and I.It was like everything was going so wonderful but then there was the smoking issue.I needed the big nasty cloud NOT hanging over my head for a bit.He wasn't to comfy with the idea and it took lots of talking,but eventually he got where I was coming from.He's really hateing it though I can tell.People that smoke get it a tad better than those who don't.I use my smokes for everything if I'm tired,hungry,upset,sick....whatever so it's tough to let them go.I know that I should though and yes I know all the nasty stuff associated with it;) My job now is to get to that place of really wanting to quit by June 1st.That's all I'll say about that for now.

I'm getting ready to start my garden which I'm totally excited about and if the weather would work with me a bit I'd have already started lol!I have also finally got all the rescue dogs a good home and now we are down to just 'ours' I can't tell you how nice that is.It's time to get busy with some spring cleaning! This would be a good week for it because Shannon's out of town for a few days,but the kids have tons going on and the weather sucks.

2 comments:

  1. It is great to see you posting again. The smoking issue will become mute soon enough. You will find other things to replace that need. The visit was so much fun, I only wished we lived closer. The down fall, I think we would be wearing red year round-weg.
    Hugs
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do believe us living close would be hazardous to our rears lol!

    ReplyDelete