Friday, July 30, 2010

so much going on!

We got the approval for the house we want!!! Now we are just working on nagotiating a few things.It's very exciting...and stressful!

The kids start school in a couple weeks.That means it's time to think about clothes and supplies.Fun stuff!!! Our oldest is now legal to drive.That pretty much makes me scared out of my mind!The smoking isn't going so well,what can I say???

DD went into hiding.I understood at first then it turned into hurt.He brought it up a couple days ago,but I didn't have much to say.DD can be so one-sided,unfair whatever the word is at times.We have had a couple of disagreements this past month and it made me realize that spanking is always his answer.It doesn't matter whose at fault the end result is the same.The only thing that changes is whether or not I'm being punished or we're just clearing the air.If I have done something wrong I'm fine with a punishment,but being spanked to clear the air when he was clearly wrong isn't sitting well with me.I feel like over time it's made him less accountable for his words and actions.I won't go into all the details,but feel free to give me your opinion on spankings just to clear the air?

Have a great day everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Misty,

    I have limited experience to draw from; however, from the way you sound, I wonder......Is the air really cleared???? It sounds like for you that the spanking just ends it without really having anything settled. If that's the case, then it doesn't seem like the air was cleared. I trust the two of you can talk through your issues and get the air truly cleared soon.

    Hugs,
    Kady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right,Kady.That't the thing it just makes things over.I could probably deal with that considering I'm not the best person at ending a disagreement.The thing is there hasn't been any DD to put closure on our last two disagreements and it made me realize he forgot how to 'make things better'without the spanking.I'm wondering what ever happen to talking so we can settle things,him being extra sweet,or a hug.I feel like all of that got traded for a spanking.I guess when I think about it all those things do happen(I had a light bulb moment while typing lol!) after the spanking,but is it right?Should we have to have the spanking in order to have all the other stuff? Gosh now I'm confused! I guess I need to think on it some more.

    Thanks,
    Kady

    ReplyDelete