Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I don't like it here.

I'm going to vent for a sec. I don't know what my problem is with this move.The people here are nice.I can walk to the store and I love that!I just don't like it....it's not home.It doesn't have things that are important to us in a house.The kids don't like the new school.K has always been an A/B student and now she is struggling.I'm usually good with this stuff,I was an Army brat we moved all the time.When we moved somewhere we weren't sure of we made the best of it.I'm trying I really am,but it's hard.I think it's mostly just the house,hopefully I can change it enough to make it feel like home.We are going to all the homecoming events for the town we moved from because our oldest still goes to school there.The two younger ones will get to see their friends...I think it will be good for all of us.Ok I'm done venting. :)

I made my cigarette goal yesterday it wasn't easy though.I did get a reminder in the evening to make sure I reached the goal.I actually think that helped or maybe it was the threat of a wood paddle or switch that terrified me either way something worked.I realized later last night while chatting that I only had one smoke left. If there was going to be any 'special time' I would need to save that smoke.I left chat and went to hunt down my guy.I find him on the computer doing paperwork,he said he'd be done in awhile.AWHILE I have one cig left mind you.I explain to him that I left chat to head to bed and I was saving the last cig for after 'special time'so could I have one extra since I was waiting on him to do paperwork.I was like a kid begging for 15 more minutes to watch a show before bed, it was pretty ridiculous.lol! He didn't go for it and I ended up saving just half.I made the goal though and it felt really good!!

Have a great evening everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Misty,
    I'm sorry the place doesn't feel like home, but it will soon. You did great with your goal, and just like your new home, it will soon start to feel a little more comfortable with each day. You rock!

    SugarAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your having these feelings about your new house, also a Marine brat I know what you mean I think the older we get the harder moves are and we just want one place to call home. Great going on your goal its a tough habit to break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Misty, I am so sorry you are struggling in the adjustment to the new home. I moved into my house 6 years ago, and for the first year or two, I felt like I was in someone else's space. Once I finally got most of the rooms painted to suit us, tweaked this an that, it FINALLY started to feel like home. I hope you can begin to adjust soon, and I am sure you have just the "touch" to make it look like "Misty's Place where it has YOU written all over it.

    Sounds like you did great w/ the goal, and I hope that you are still reaching your goals. I know you can do this! See you in chat Tuesday, CB is back, btw.

    Hugs,
    Kady

    ReplyDelete