Tuesday, September 21, 2010

We finally talked.

Shannon and I are usually pretty good at sticking together when things are crazy.This time we didn't.He was busy working I was busy moving and taking care of everything that goes with that.We were two people with two different list of things to do that never seemed to end.Right about the time things were slowing down and we remembered there is an 'us' there were the two funerals.

We did have twelve hours of driving alone with no kids in the truck on our way to the second funeral.We briefly discussed what we thought went wrong and some issues that hadn't really been talked about.We focused more on how to get back where we need to be rather than how we got where we were.The biggest part of our talk was about our lack of communication and how to better communicate when we do.It was all positive for the most part.Other than one thing that I knew he wasn't happy about,but I had no clue just how unhappy he was with it.It's my need to always have a say in when, where, and how he spanks.Am I guilty? Yes.I never thought much about it because it's not like my complaints or opinions change how he does things...in the end he always does things when, where, and how he wants.He wins!He agreed that they don't change things but he'd rather not feel as though he's dragging me into every spanking kicking and screamin.Not that it really ever happens that way.I get where he's coming from though and I will work at that.

I was chatting with some ladies last week about the smoking thing.They actually scared me a bit with some stories,but in this case fear is good!One of the things that always slows me down is the weight gain that comes with quitting.One of the ladies offered to send a workout video and I'm excited about starting that.I gave myself some goals on my own.I made one and that was it.Shannon waited in the background to see how I did on my own.I wasn't really aware he was watching until he started asking tons of question everyday.He decided I needed his 'help' with this.I don't get a say in how he chooses to help.We both agreed I had too much say last time.
I'm excited to have a plan,that always works better than 'I'm working on it'.I have the video,meds if I need them,and a goal!

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. all the best misty with your new goal. keep up the enthusiasm. good that you are communicating with each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like you had a great time of communication. You two are a great couple who knows each other well and it's good that you were able to begin to work through some of your issues. Keep communicating and you will come out on the other side with a victory chant.

    As for the smoking, you know we are pulling for you. It is going to be hard, and as SugarAnne puts it, quite painful. You have two options, to continue basically killing yourself slowly, or walk through the fire and come out a beautifully refined golden trophy. You can do it, so let Shannon help you and just remember, we're all cheering you on. If you need me, you know where to find me!

    Lots of hugs,

    Kady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Alujna and Kady!I'm ready to walk through the fire.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete