Monday, September 13, 2010

Not on the same wavelength!

I'm pretty sure we are on two entirely different planets at this point....

I really don't like sharing these times and prefer to share the positive stuff.The truth is it isn't always warm and fuzzy.*sigh* There was a disagreement and hurtful things were said.WARNING!! this won't make either of us look all that great but it is what it is.

It started over him being grouchy, then I was grouchy.Truthfully I think we were both stressed.I said that I felt like he shouldn't spank me for being grouchy if he was grouchy.That pretty much set him off and I got the whole lecture about how I don't decide those things and so on.When he finished his lecture I decided to say you haven't spanked in however long and now your ready to be all roar!That led to a debate about whether there were or were not available opportunities.Just between you and I.. there were opportunities.Like I said hurtful things were said.I mentioned to him that I wasn't sure how I felt about DD and that sometimes it seems more hurtful than helpful.We agreed that changes needed to be made,because it shouldn't be that way.He was clear that DD wasn't going anywhere though.So,I basically said fine,but I don't feel the need to discuss it or give an opinion about it anymore.He said that was fine but it wouldn't stop him from spanking.Let me just pause to yell.....UGH!!!

That was the short version trust me no one wants to hear the long version.Looking back I know that things got out of hand really quickly and most of this could have been prevented.I also know that DD has helped with so many things in our marriage.Even disaggreements as suprising as that may seem,but we still have a lot of work to do in this area.A lot of what was said was silly and pointless and other things were how we really feel.

I'm not giving my opinion on DD issues and he is continuing to spank.I think he feels he has a point to make..only I'm clueless about what that could be.He has spanked every chance he's got.That makes me think he's boiling over the fact that I said there were opportunities and he felt there weren't.He's also spanked with determination,about what? I don't know.Could it be that he is making his point that I don't make those decisions?He's changed other things about the spankings too,that I don't fully understand,or agree with or like for that matter.

Obviously there are some unsettled issues.I just wish he'd talk to me about them.If he feels he needs to make a point,I'm ok with that.I just think it makes more sense for me to know and understand the point he's trying to make.Otherwise it just adds hurt in an already hurtful situation.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Misty, you two have lots of talking to do. It seems you are carrying around this sense of DD isn't fair right now, but you both need to open up and verbalize your feelings. With your lives being so crazy, I am sure it's hard to find a good time. See, you needed to be w/ us this past weekend! :) He he! I hope you can find a nonconfrontational time to get alone and talk, maybe an evening out. I will be praying for you, I know this must be hard for you.

    Hugs,

    Kady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl, We have chatted a lot, but I know Shannon loves you. DD isn't always fair or right, especially, when we are on the receiving end. I know you two will work it out. You guys are a strong couple. :)
    Love ya!
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, hugs, Misty. I'm sorry you're going through this. Lots of hurt and stress you've both gone through. Kady gave some good advice about getting alone to talk and just enjoy some quiet time together. I'll be praying for you too.

    More hugs,

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kady,your right I did need to be with ya'll this passed weekend.lol!I hope we can find some time to talk too.

    Katia,we will work it out I'm sure:)Love ya!

    Hello Alex,Thank you.I'm going to work really hard on getting that quiet time.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete