Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's time!!!

Shannon left for work yesterday morning and got home around 11p.m.He had to be back up at 3a.m.You would think the only thing on his mind would be sleep.Instead after he crawled in bed he ask "Do you know what today is?" I was like no what is it? He tells me that it's June 1st and that my time was up and now it's his.He said nothing else about it after that.

A month or so ago he gave me time to work on my smoking on my own with the agreement that June 1st he'd step in.To be honest I haven't made any progress on my own.Of course it would be a crazy stressful month which didn't help matters.He called this morning to tell me to keep track of how many I'm smoking.I'm thinking this isn't going to be good.I'm sure sometime soon he will fill me in and make some small goals(hopefully they are small!)I plan to post the goals and whether or not I meet them.

In other news I decided to share my blog rather than keep it private.It's scary but I thought why not? Mostly I know there has to be a few people out there who have used DD where smoking or something like it is concerned.I would love any advice I could get.Also maybe down the road my journey with DD and smoking could help someone else.

Have a great day everyone!!

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have come out of the closet. :) You can do it, I have faith in you! You should also be receiving a package with some helpful tools. *weg*
    Hugs,
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  2. The closet is less scary:)Thanks! I'm pretty sure tools are not needed and I'll be getting together your thank you package for any tools recieved;)
    Hugs,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Misty! I've heard fun/good things about you and will enjoy reading your journey. I love the pic you use. Just a quick idea, I did this in college as a behavioral experiment. Record both the cigarettes smoked AND resisted. That way YOU get to see your progress in the same way that Shannon will judge it (the #'s). As your numbers decrease make another category for times you would've normally smoked but didn't even think of doing so (that light bulb hits an hour or so afterward and yeah I know that seems like something that would never happen right now - but it will - I quit with "help" and every time I'm with my sister and am very tempted, the "help" I know is there waiting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misty, Welcome to the neighborhood! I’m so glad you decided to share your journey with us. You need to know anything about using DD to stop smoking? I’m your girl! My husband started the same way by giving me quite a bit of freedom to find my own way through the addiction. I made a valiant effort. I shopped around, tried out the cessation products, talked to my doctor, Googled the best methods and experimented with cold turkey a few times (cold turkey lasted about 2 hours). Appreciate the small goals Shannon will be setting for you while they last, because at some point he’ll require a quit date for you to stick to… no excuses, no exceptions, no alibis. It’s at that point you may need someone to talk you off a ledge a couple of times. I’ll be here. Hopefully you’ll have an easier time of it than I did.

    All my support,
    Sugaranne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks KayLynn! I like your plan it's positive and that always helps.Congratulation's on quitting!Thanks for the support!

    Hi Sugaranne and thanks for the welcome!I haven't made such a great effort this far but that's about to change.I will remember to appreciate the small goals for sure.Thanks for the support!
    Huggs,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming out is scary... but you will meet amazing people from all walks of life! You will find an endless support network of people who really understand and will be there when you need advice, someone to vent to, or people to celebrate with.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe that every time you light up a cigarette to smoke, you will remember a cane stroke that was given to your bare bottom by your husband. I'm a sure that if the strokes were given to you hard, you soon will stop smoking forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :)Thanks princess there are a lot of wonderful people out there.

    sixofthebest...you might be right.

    Huggs,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete