Friday, June 18, 2010

I plead insanity!

This is something I posted elsewhere over a month or so ago.I promised I'd post it here.We're heading out of town later today for the weekend and I don't feel like posting about smoking so....

My son's room is horrible! I'm pretty sure it's a fire hazard.So Shannon tells me he doesn't want our son going anywhere until his room is clean.I heard him say it and I totally agreed with him.

The next day he comes home from work early and it's just me home so no witnesses.He announces that he's gonna give a spanking,one of those 'good' you forgot how things work around here kinda spankings.There may have been a tiny bit of truth to what he was saying so I tell myself that I've earned the spanking and I'm gonna take it like a champ(Whatever that really means)so I do!

Less than an hour later my son comes to me and asked if he can go to the park to play basketball.I quickly think about his room and then say(this is where I went insane!)Ok but as soon as school is out this week you and I are gonna tackle your room together,were throwing stuff out got it? He says he's got it and leaves.I come out of the kitchen and Shannon ask where J went.I was thinking Oh crap!!! I explain to him my awesome plan of action.He immediatly ask where the other two kids are.Now I'm thinking double Oh Crap!! I'm alone with no witnesses again!!!

I explain where the girls are almost wanting to add that they could be home any moment?(a lie would have been a bad idea though)He says good follow me.He makes the long walk to our room.He ask me again to explain where our son is and why he isn't cleaning his room.I explain,well the best I could being insane and all.He says so what I say doesn't matter?I say of course it does and try to hurry and think how the heck I'm supose to prove that at that very moment.He asked what did I just spank you for earlier as he reaches for his belt.Now I'm just desperate and I tell him that he really doesn't have to use THAT and that I really did hear what he said earlier it's just I messed up.He wasn't really interested in that at the moment.He puts me over his knee and checks out his earlier handiwork.Then he is kind enough to say"Wow your pretty marked up this is really gonna hurt!!"

And he was right!

Misty(not the sharpest tool in the shed)

Have agreat weekend everyone!!!

4 comments:

  1. Misty,
    Wow! I wish my mom would have taken a belt spanking for me when I wanted to go to the park and play baseball instead of cleaning my room. You're like... Supermom!
    Okay, maybe that wasn't your intention. But did you get just an inch of satisfaction out of it?

    SugarAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooops, kids are sneaky with their expressions... i suppose once in a while is fine though! although my mother never had that prob with me.. she says i'm the organised one while my sis is the naughty, i think J and my sis could be rivals. although my sis seems to have improved of late since she got her own home!
    hugs Alujna
    ps. you can plead maternal insanity! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the maternal insanity. It does do something to you. It's a struggle we go through at our house. Sometimes I'm better at biting my tongue and letting J do what he's going to do and other times my mouth and my will wins out. Unfortunately at those times my tush loses. good luck.
    jll

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kid stuff is tough sometimes.Shannon is away a lot so I'm use to making most the kids decisions on my own....that's my story and I'm sticking to it. lol!

    Misty

    ReplyDelete